I felt inspired to make a Spring-coloured pretty tea towel for Easter. I kept it super easy, so this is a project you can sew in an evening!
All measurements are in inches.
You will need a white tea towel (or a I made one from a piece of white linen 20in x 25in. To hem the edges: fold 1/4in over along one side, press, fold another 1/4in over, press and stitch through all layers, repeat at three remaining sides.
Wide strip of Liberty fabric: 6.5in wide, x 21in long (or whatever the width of your tea towel is). I used Emma and Georgina
Medium strip of Liberty fabric 4in wide x 21in long. I used Gracey
Thin strip of Liberty fabric 2.5in x 21in long. I used Rachel
- Take your widest strip of Liberty and fold over 1/4in on one long side, press. Repeat at other long side.
- 2. Repeat step one with both other pieces of liberty fabric.
- 3. position your widest strip of Liberty on your tea towel, 4in from the bottom. pin in place.
- Stitch Liberty fabric onto tea towel, along long edges, close to the fold. (leave ends overhanging the edges of the tea towel.
- position Medium stip in centre of wide strip and repeat step 4.
- Repeat steps 5 and 4 with thin strip of Liberty fabric.
- At overhanging end of Liberty, fold over 1/4in, press and fold 1/4in over again behind (at back of) tea towel. Stitch in place close to edge.
Enjoy your new pretty Easter tea towel!