We currently have a vacancy for a flexible part-time finance role. Please read on if you might be interested in being our next new team-mate!
Vacancy: PART-TIME, FLEXIBLE WORKING FINANCIAL CONTROLLER ROLE
We are currently recruiting for a part time Financial Controller working between 20 to 25 hours a week (0.53-0.68 FTE) on average, to take full responsibility for the finance function within our business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Alice Caroline team in a varied and challenging senior role.
Main job responsibilities include:
- Complete responsibility for the day-to-day accounting function of the company
- Production of monthly management accounts and monthly reconciliations
- VAT returns and PVA reports
- Production of year end accounts file
- Financial modelling and annual budgets
- Managing and operating the payroll process (currently outsourced)
- Overview of HR Policy matters internally
- Monitoring cash flow, cash flow forecasting and cash reporting to the management team
- Managing invoicing, trade debtors and creditors, including payments runs
- Company secretarial tasks
We are looking for a new colleague with:
- Accountancy qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar) (possibly part qualified) with extensive experience, preferably in an online retail business
- Practical bookkeeping skills, preferably with experience of using Sage
- Be a team player and take an active role in the company management team
- Excellent communication skills, to provide reports to the management team
- The ability to act autonomously, manage your own workload and delegate/co-ordinate others’ workloads towards time sensitive deadlines
- Strong IT skills, with experience of having implement IT improvements in financial systems.
About our company
Our mission is to get more people loving sewing, because we believe in the joy in the making.
We won a prestigious Queens Award for Enterprise in 2021 for International Trade. We sell a huge range of Liberty cotton, pre-cut fabrics, sewing kits and patterns. In addition, we make and sell Liberty fabric lifestyle accessories, both to trade and public customers. We are a global company with a large and creative customer base. Our websites www.alicecaroline.com and www.alicecarolinetrade.com are go-to destinations for Liberty lovers.
Our team enjoys working together to help our customers produce creative sewing projects they can be proud of. Most of the 20+ staff in the team work part-time hours and therefore enjoy a good work-life balance, whilst appreciating and tolerating the various challenges which part-time working brings. This role offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic but relaxed setting, and work with beautiful fabrics.
Company values include:
- Friendly, helpful and enthusiastic
- Making it easy for customers to get what they need
- Fair, flexible and supportive employment practices
- All in it together
Company benefits include:
- 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays (pro rata)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Auto-enrolment workplace pension scheme
- Car parking
- Staff discounts
- A collaborative and super-friendly team
- Pretty, rural Cotswolds location
Our barn conversion premises are located in rural Conderton, approx. 7 miles east of Tewkesbury.
Deadlines and How to Apply
Closing date: 19th September at 9am.
Click for full Job Description for Financial Controller role.