We currently have two vacancies: one for a part-time production/fulfilment role, and one for a flexible part-time finance role. Please read on if you might be interested in being our next new team-mate!
Vacancy 1: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT/CREATIVE STUDIO TECHNICIAN
We are looking to recruit a new person into the Production and Fulfilment areas, to start by early October. The working hours are a flexible, variable 12 to 24 per week, which may be worked during “school hours” but are required for the full year (this is not a term-time only post).
The post-holder’s main purpose is to ensure the timely and efficient production of our fabric craft kits and retail fabric orders. The post-holder will alternate between two similar roles – Production Assistant, which is responsible for preparing, cutting and packing fabrics and other items into high volumes of kits; and Creative Studio Technician (CST), which is responsible for selecting, cutting, packing and posting individual retail orders. They will need to work within strict safety standards and to tight deadlines.
The right person for the job will be someone who is detail-focussed, well organised and happy carrying out repetitive processing of fabrics within a small friendly team.
Vacancy 2: PART-TIME, FLEXIBLE WORKING FINANCIAL CONTROLLER ROLE
We are currently recruiting for a part time Financial Controller working between 20 to 25 hours a week (0.53-0.68 FTE) on average, to take full responsibility for the finance function within our business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Alice Caroline team in a varied and challenging senior role.
Main job responsibilities include:
- Complete responsibility for the day-to-day accounting function of the company
- Production of monthly management accounts and monthly reconciliations
- VAT returns and PVA reports
- Production of year end accounts file
- Financial modelling and annual budgets
- Managing and operating the payroll process (currently outsourced)
- Overview of HR Policy matters internally
- Monitoring cash flow, cash flow forecasting and cash reporting to the management team
- Managing invoicing, trade debtors and creditors, including payments runs
- Company secretarial tasks
We are looking for a new colleague with:
- Accountancy qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar) (possibly part qualified) with extensive experience, preferably in an online retail business
- Practical bookkeeping skills, preferably with experience of using Sage
- Be a team player and take an active role in the company management team
- Excellent communication skills, to provide reports to the management team
- The ability to act autonomously, manage your own workload and delegate/co-ordinate others’ workloads towards time sensitive deadlines
- Strong IT skills, with experience of having implement IT improvements in financial systems.
About our company
Our mission is to get more people loving sewing, because we believe in the joy in the making.
We won a prestigious Queens Award for Enterprise in 2021 for International Trade. We sell a huge range of Liberty cotton, pre-cut fabrics, sewing kits and patterns. In addition, we make and sell Liberty fabric lifestyle accessories, both to trade and public customers. We are a global company with a large and creative customer base. Our websites www.alicecaroline.com and www.alicecarolinetrade.com are go-to destinations for Liberty lovers.
Our team enjoys working together to help our customers produce creative sewing projects they can be proud of. Most of the 20+ staff in the team work part-time hours and therefore enjoy a good work-life balance, whilst appreciating and tolerating the various challenges which part-time working brings. This role offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic but relaxed setting, and work with beautiful fabrics.
Company values include:
- Friendly, helpful and enthusiastic
- Making it easy for customers to get what they need
- Fair, flexible and supportive employment practices
- All in it together
Company benefits include:
- 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays (pro rata)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Auto-enrolment workplace pension scheme
- Car parking
- Staff discounts
- A collaborative and super-friendly team
- Pretty, rural Cotswolds location
Our barn conversion premises are located in rural Conderton, approx. 7 miles east of Tewkesbury. Public transport is minimal, so the post-holders will likely need to live locally or have their own transport.
Deadlines and How to Apply
Role 1: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT/CREATIVE STUDIO TECHNICIAN
Closing date: 15th August 2022. Interviews: between 30th August and 1st September
Click for the full Job Description for Production Assistant/CST role.
If you wish to apply, please download and complete an Application form (Word or PDF version) and submit it along with your CV by 5pm on the 15th August, to the email address shown on the application form.
Role 2: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Closing date: 5th September at 9am. Interviews on 19th and 20th September.
Click for full Job Description for Financial Controller role.